Friday, October 26, 2007

Craft Swap

I like crafts. Not just "the" craft, but sewing, knitting, crochet, clay, cross-stitch, art, the whole gambit. (Heck, I think cooking is a craft!) I like the idea that we're able to put our energy into something and change it and make it better. Because of that love of crafting, I spend time searching at craftser.com

One of the cool things about Craftser is the swaps. Now, my kid is a teenager. Having mom make her stuff is "lame" and will get me the eye-roll every time! (Unless it's something she wants, ya know?) So craft swaps are good because I get to make stuff that SOMEONE will appreciate. Anyway, here's what my swap buddy sent to me. I think it's appropriate because it is all around the theme of the Spritual Mother in us all.

This is a picture of Mother Mary. I plan to hang it in my bedroom for a little extra protection. Or maybe the living room.


I love the idea of keeping "my heart" in a sacred space. Isn't that what moms do?



This, though, was my favorite. This journal was created for me! It has the High Priestess on the cover and the page markers are AWESOME!




I feel so blessed to have received such an amazingly thoughtful package!

No comments: