Sunday, March 9, 2008

This is part of an e-mail I wrote to someone who wondered what Christian Witchcraft could possible be.

Define witchcraft? Turning water into wine? Raising the dead? Casting out demons? Feeding 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish? (You get my point!) Each of those miracles could have been witchcraft. Asking a Saint for help, to me, is no different than asking a Goddess. People perform candle magic every year when they make a wish before blowing out their birthday candles, or light a candle when they're praying for someone. They just don't think of it that way. Same thing goes for the "wise women" of old, right? The local midwife was certainly a green witch in practice, whether she "believed" that or not.

Overall, I guess I just don't hide that I perform spells. I embrace the idea/fact of a feminine energy that exists and helped to create the Universe.

Please share your thoughts.

No comments: