Saturday, November 1, 2008

Entering the Sheila-Na-Gig

1. For each element, you had to cross an obstical. Explain how you crosed to the caulrdron for each element.
For Earth: I walked. There was soft, cold, dirt "squishing" between my toes. I imagined my stone was in hand, and the scent of wildflowers filled my nostrils.
For Air: I used my Athame and I cut the air, allowing me safe passage to where I needed and wanted to be.
For Fire: This one was done in a blaze. I could feel the heat and see the beauty of the flames. It was an instant, as if riding on the flame itself.
For Water: This was a small canoe. I pictured myself at a lake I used to go to when I was growing up.

2. What messages were revealed to you, and what was the personal message you obtained?
The largest, most important message I got was that the past, present, and future are so intertwined. Everything is related. But I need to remember to take time for me in order to make my mark on the world -- the mark I was put here TO make.

3. Journal your experiance, thoughts and feelings for this ritual.
I enjoyed this ritual. I liked the calm that it inspired in me. I will admit that I had to try it multiple times as I kept falling asleep! Overall, though, I learned to relax. I learned that it's ok --and really, absolutely necessary -- to take things slow once in awhile.

No comments: