Saturday, April 21, 2007

Christian Witch Course Week #1

I've decided to take the Christian Witch Course through yahoogroups. I'm going to use this forum for the assignments. (By the way, this is my tattoo. It's a tribute to my life as a writer and to my spirituality.)

    Is there a Divine Being? Yes. I believe there is.

    Is it male, female, both, or neither? I think neither. The Bible says "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." (Genesis 1:27) That tells me that God created men and women in an image, but how can both sexes be God's image?

    How does the Universe work? Honestly? How should I know? I'm a small cog in the universe! I know that if you put something out there, then it will come to pass. How that happens, though, I have no idea.

    Are there angels? Yes.

    Are there ghosts? Yes. I've seen them.

    Are there demons? Yes.

    Is there a Satan? Yes.

    Do you believe in good and evil? Yes. I don't think you can have one without the other.

    Do you believe in sin? Yes. The original meaning of "sin" was to "miss the mark." We've all missed the mark at some point in our lives.

    Do you believe in Karma? Yes. It's why mostly good things happen to those who are good and eventually something bad will happen to those who are butts. (Job 4:8; Proverbs 11:18; Proverbs 22:8; Hosea 10:12; and of course Galatians 6:7-8)

    Do you believe that Yeshua (Jesus) existed? Yes.

    Do you believe that he should be worshipped? I'm not sure. He was God's son and the Messiah. Yes. That I believe. Do I think we should pray to Jesus? I don't know. Exodus 20:5 says "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...." Maybe we're to worship God only. If that's true, how can we then worship Jesus?

    Do you believe that he is the Messiah? See above.

    Do you believe that you must believe that Yeshua is the Messiah in order to go to Heaven? Yes. The Bible says no one will get to the Father except through the Son. (John 14:6)

    Do you believe in Heaven? Yes.

    Do you believe in Hell? Yes. Back to that "you can't have one without the other" thing.

    Do you believe in an afterlife at all? Yes.

    Do you believe that there is a soul? Yes. The laws of physics state that energy can't "disappear" it needs to go somewhere. I think the energy that is "us" is our soul.

    What is the soul? Oops. See question above!

    How is the soul connected to our mind? I think our mind is a "section" of our soul.

    Are we fated or do we have a choice in our direction in life? Both. There is a plan. There are lessons we must learn. If we select not to learn them the first tim (our choice, right?), then they will keep showing up until we do. Kind of like how a woman can keep attracting the wrong guy until she makes the CHOICE to select something else.

    What is the meaning of life? If I knew *that* there would be nothing else to learn, would there?

    Is there reincarnation? I'm not sure. There are good arguments for both sides of this one.

    Is there only one true religion? Any way that you get to God (which, I believe is through the Son) is correct. If you get there by believing Jesus was a fantastic prophit, that's fine. If you get there by being a devout Christian, that's fine, too.


OK, so there's my "Week #1" assignment. On to week #2!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A comment and a question:

1/ You'll find Jesus is worshipped by his disciples on a number of occasions in the New Testament. The end of the Gospel of Matthew is a good place to start.

2/ Do you see a difference between sin and karma, and if, so what?

Blessings
Matt Stone

Cerridwen said...

Question 1: I'll admit I'm more familiar with the Old Testament, so I'll do some research on that. Thanks, Matt, for pointing it out.

Question 2: I never thought about it. I think sin is what you do. Karma is how you're punished. You sin (maybe something small, like lusting in your heart or being envious). BUT karma can be a good thing. You can have positive karma come back to you. Maybe it's more like flip sides of the same coin